If you want to sell your medium to premium brand clothing, shoes, bags, and accessories for cash without fuss, this the place for you. For a limited time, we are offering cash upfront for items that qualify. All consignments shipped or delivered to us up to 30 November 2023 will be assessed for suitability.
Things to note:
1. We will not accept fast fashion brands and only medium to high-end items will qualify.
2. Your items need to be flawless, freshly laundered or drycleaned and without stains and smells.
3. Your items need to less than 3 years old.
4. We typically list items at between 30% and 35% of their original purchase price and you will receive a percentage of that (see below for detail).
5. We will only accept items that can be listed for more than $50.
6. We will exercise our sole discretion about whether items qualify for upfront payment, how much we list items for and what payout you will receive.
7. Our standard terms and conditions of consignment will apply.
8. Should the amount of cash that we have allocated for this promotion be exhausted prior to 30 November 2023, the promotion will cease earlier before 30 November 2023, and an announcement to this effect will be made on social media.
What to do:
1. Create your account online or log into your account.
2. Order your thrift bags.
3. Complete the Consignment Form which you can download below.
4. Fill your thrift bags with your items once you have received them.
5. Drop your bags at your nearest Post Office. We’ll do the rest!
As an alternative to ordering thrift bags, you may use your own packaging, pay shipping costs to Australia Post or your courier of choice, and ship your items to:
The Closet, Unit 9, 10 Depot Street, BANYO, QLD, 4014 - remember to include a consignment form or enter the details of your consignment online via your account.
Please complete this consignment agreement form and return it with your clothes and items you wish to sell. Please ensure that you read all information carefully. Alternatively complete details of your consignment online via your account.
How do I know how much my items are worth?
The Closet determines the listing price of items based on several factors:
Please note that these prices can be subject to change. Pricing also includes our costs such as processing, marketing, packaging, and postage.
How much money will I get once my items have been sold?
Your payout is a percentage of The Closet's selling price. It increases with the selling price and is subject to change.
SELLING PRICE (INCL GST)
YOUR PAYOUT PERCENTAGE
$50.00 - $99.99
$100.00 - $199.99
How will I get paid?
You will be paid via bank transfer or PayPal within a week or being advised of our assessment of your items. Please indicate your preference and details on your Consignment Form.